Tyko Strassen was born in 1963 in San Francisco. He now lives in Switzerland and he became a Swiss citizen.
0800-STRASSEN (toll free number within Switzerland)
Links (in German)
Children (Links in German)
- Mathematician (specialized in logic and computer science)
- Full professor at a university of applied sciences
- Teacher of different didactic courses for university professors
- Registered as Swiss Engineer
Résumé / CV
- Basic Logic of Proofs: Complete list of all publications concerning the Basic Logic of Proofs: pdf-File. PhD-thesis (covers all relevant results of the Basic Logic of Proofs): pdf-File.
- Unify, a unification package for Maple: Overview and sample session (ASCII text). Maple source (ASCII text). Test file (ASCII text).
- Discrete Mathematics in Computer Science: Conception, construction and programming of a complete computer (title translated from German). In: Praxisbezogen lehren an Hochschulen, Brigitta Pfäffli and Dominique Herren (editors), Publisher: Haupt Verlag Bern, 2007, pages 183-195.
- MATLAB fundamentals: A bachelor course for universities of applied sciences, technical direction (title translated from German). Thirteenth, current edition, academic year 2015/2016. Based on MATLAB Version 7.14 (R2012a). ISBN 3-907134-15-X.
- 1963: Born on March 11 in San Francisco, USA.
- 1982: Study of Mathematics at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zürich) - diploma 1989. Study of Artificial Intelligence during a stay at the University of Kaiserslautern (Ramstein, Germany) 1986-1987.
- 1983: Military service in air defense, later serving as cryptographer.
- 1990: PhD studies in logic and theoretical computer science at the University of Berne - diploma 1994.
- 1992: Birth of daughter Friederike.
- 1993: Diploma in Secondary and Higher Education at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zürich).
- 1994: Lecturer at the universities of applied sciences Berne and Burgdorf (mathematics an computer science) and at the University of Berne (details of the implementation of Maple and Mathematica).
- 1995: Cryptographer at the Federal Government in Berne.
- 1999: Full professor and lecturer at the Interstate University of Applied Sciences of Technology Buchs NTB and lecturer of didactic courses.
- 2000: Elected as head of the department mathematics at NTB.
- 2002: Birth of daughter Gemma.
- 2003: Birth of son Ambros. Appointed as supervisor for trainee teachers by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zürich).
- Former member of the Swiss-American Society Berne, of the German-American Friendship Kaiserslautern (Ramstein, Germany) and of the American Club of Zurich.
- Continuous financial support of Wikipedia.
Member of the local fire brigade in Zürich and Berne since 1988. In the end officer (lieutenant) and specialist/instructor for Command Support in corporation with the professional fire brigade in Berne.
1987 Private Pilot License in Bad Dürkheim (EDRF, Germany) for one engine aircrafts up to 2 tons. 1987 Radiotelephony international (RTI) in Frankfurt (EDDF, Germany). 1992 Controlled VFR (CVFR) in Bad Dürkheim (EDRF, Germany). 1998 Night Flying (NIT) in Berne (LSZB, Switzerland). 2000 Retractable Gear (RET) and Variable Pitch Propeller (VAR) in St. Gallen-Altenrhein (LSZR, Switzerland). Type Ratings: Cessna 150 Aerobat (C150), Cessna 172 Skyhawk (C172), Piper Archer II (P28A) and Cessna Skylane RG (C82R). Member of the Aero-Club Switzerland and the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Switzerland.
- Collector of old computers (Apple II, Apple III, IBM PC-1, LSI11, KIM, AIM 65, etc.)